Here's another tasty recipe provided by Temperance Sorenson and a picture too!
Made with Rainy Day Foods basic items too!
Cream Cheese Icing Cinnamon Rolls
for 14 servings
½ cup salted butter, melted
2 cups whole milk, warm to the touch
½ cup granulated sugar
2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
5 cups flour, divided
¾ cup butter, softened
¾ cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
FROSTING (If you like a lot of frosting double this recipe, I did)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Generously butter two cake pans.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together warm milk, melted butter, and granulated sugar. The mixture should be just warm, but not hot.
3. Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and lightly mix and set aside for 1 minute.
4. Add 4 cups of flour to the milk mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Cover the bowl set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
6.Remove the towel and add an additional ¾ cup of flour. Stir well, then turn out onto a well-floured surface.
7. Knead the dough lightly, add leftover flour as necessary, until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
8. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch thick. Roll as to get a long narrow roll.
9. Spread the softened butter evenly over the dough.
Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon. Press the mixture into the butter.
10. Roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Trim off any unevenness on either end.
11. Cut the log in half, then divide each half into 7 evenly sized pieces. About 1½ inches thick each.
12. Place 7 cinnamon rolls in each cake pan, one in the center, six around the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
13. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
14. Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
15. To prepare the frosting. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese, butter, whole milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar, until smooth.
16. Drizzle evenly with frosting.