“The cookie that has a little bit of everything”[caption id="attachment_1849" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Surprise cookies from Rainy Day Foods products.[/caption]
Still have some left over candy from Christmas?
Try chopping them up to bake a batch of cookies! They can make for a very special dessert for Valentine’s Day, along with a little note saying,
“Here’s a sweet treat to help show you that you’re everything to me!”
Plus it’s a great way of emptying your junk food cupboard and recycling the candy into something new and delicious!
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350*
2. Unwrap as much chocolate candy bars as you would like to put in. Some people have more of a sweet tooth than others, so use your best judgment to know what’s going to satisfy your taste buds. I chopped up
7 Hershey’s fun-size Snickers, 3 Nestle Crunch mini bars, 2 Nestle milk chocolate mini bars, and 2 Twix fun-size bars.
3. Stir together 3 cups of RAINY DAY FOODS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR, 1 teaspoon of RAINY DAY FOODS BAKING SODA, and ¼ teaspoon of RAINY DAY FOODS REAL SALT.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together 1 cup (2 sticks)of butter, 3 eggs, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 2 cups of RAINY DAY FOODS WHITE SUGAR.[caption id="attachment_1848" align="alignleft" width="150"] bosch blending the cookie dough[/caption]
5. Gently pour the flour mixture into the creamy batter and mix well.[caption id="attachment_1855" align="alignright" width="150"] cookie dough[/caption]
6. Fold the candy bar chunks into the mixture, then scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet.
7. Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Let cool a couple minutes before transferring them to keep them intact.
[caption id="attachment_1852" align="alignleft" width="150"] cookie balls[/caption] [caption id="attachment_1856" align="alignleft" width="150"] cookies baked[/caption]
Or if you’re short on time, you can bake leftover surprise BARS!
Just pour your batter in to a greased cake pan and cook for about
26 minutes or until golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean (minus the chocolate from your candy pieces).[caption id="attachment_1854" align="alignright" width="150"] cookie bars[/caption] [caption id="attachment_1853" align="alignleft" width="150"] cookie bars single[/caption]
ENJOY YOUR OOEY GOOEY CREATIONS!![caption id="attachment_1858" align="alignleft" width="300"] surprise cookies recipe[/caption]
Created by ~ Angelia Kunz